People have 10 things they will accomplish for the new year. I’m a lists girl, but rather than try to impress people (or myself), I thought I would write down and share my top 5 things (or goals) to ROCK in 2012.
1. Face to face networking. It can be so tempting to rely purely on social media to connect with clients and potential customers. Though I love the convenience of being able to reach out through my laptop or iPhone, nothing replaces the face-to-face, voice-to-voice, and physical connection that humans need and crave! Even in business. Though I’ve met so many fabulous people through my steady platforms of LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, I have thrilled when I have met some of these in person.
2. Write, finish and post 3 new eBooks. I love to write. I love to read. So I gather there are many of you out there like me. Nothing markets a person’s expertise than through their written knowledge. I’ve so many “skeletons” and outlines of forthcoming publications, but I confess, I sometimes “wait” to be inspired to write. So in putting this #2 goal in writing, I am making myself vulnerable (and accountable) to you my readers, fans and followers. Are you ready for fresh reads from me? Then you wait no longer…
3. Engage with journalists and other bloggers online and go to lunch! Journalists, reporters, producers and editors are busy peeps! I love the accessibility of some of them on Twitter. A few have been so gracious in responding to me, even with a “no thanks”. That’s classy! I can’t imagine being tugged and pulled by hundreds of pitches and press releases. So for you media people – I hope and plan to connect with you on a meaningful level. And that includes lunch – not just a “I’m you’re girl for a story on…”
4. Mindset makeover. As a solopreneur, you do everything! It’s a solo mission wearing lots of hats. And it is exhausting, time-consuming, and at times, daunting. So many times in this process of building my connections, my knowledge, and expertise, I’ve wanted to throw in the towel, and “fuggetaboutit”. Doubts and fears easily creep in when you are building a foundation, but still not seeing the fruits of your labor. Quickly banishing negative thoughts is one of next year’s priorities. Not just not thinking doom and gloom, but filling my heart and mind with abundance, success and can-do/ will-do thoughts. Like an athlete, part of the prowess is mental endurance.
5. Give out five (5) hours of coaching to five (5) lucky new entrepreneurs. Sharing is caring and sexy! Information is free. And if you want to let people in on a secret, you need to make it potent and enticing by giving them a glimpse. I can’t stand entrepreneurs whose mission is to “help” you, and then charge you from the onset! Yes, we are in business to make money, however, a good giveaway means giving something of value. I’ve seen many offers on “free” ½ hour strategy sessions – that’s old hat. I want you to want me! I want you to get a really good, free, yummy taste of what my programs, and my services are all about. And it won’t even be a contest. If you’re reading this, you’re at best, intrigued.
So write me a comment below, and let me know that you are one of the 5 that’s wants 1 hour of coaching with actionable items that will get you out of fear and/or frustration mode, and on your way to a brilliant 2012!
I’ve written these top goals down – almost like setting them in stone. I want to be accountable to my subscribers and readers and clients. So many people make promises these days, but rarely deliver. Help me to help you by keeping me on the up and up! I can’t do this without a tribe cheering me on.
What are YOUR big, bad-ass goals for a ROCKIN 2012?
Post them on the comments below!